Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We Went to the Doctor's Office Today

It's what we do. Smile, it was meant to be a joke! The need for this unscheduled appointment is not quite as funny, but it was not serious, as Linda's medical condition goes. She has a cough - some upper respiratory issues. She has new meds, the first in quite some time. We are taking this in stride because we have no choice. It is, of course, the biblical response anyway as we trust our great and sovereign God.

Linda does have a cough and that is not funny to her. It bothers her more at certain times than at others. It is especially troublesome at night. Her back and neck hurt most of the time, and she continues to mention the sense of heat (a fever?) in her neck, shoulders, and back, all on the inside. I do not know how it all works, but since her immune system has recovered so nicely, it would not seem to be Listeria lurking about waiting for an opportunity to pounce. Her sugar levels continue to be quite high, which helped precipitate this trip to the doctor who wanted to see if there was an infection to be found. None was detected, though the medicines were prescribed to help the nagging cough and ear and throat pain.

Linda's appetite is down considerably. That is not a concern - yet. Please pray that she is able to continue getting enough nourishment from day to day. As I said, it is not a concern at this time, but I do hope it is not a trend in the wrong direction.

Thank you for staying with us for so long! God's richest blessings on every single one of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN I have nothing in my hand
Wherewith to serve my King,
When Thy commandment finds me weak
And wanting everything,
My soul, upon Thy greatness cast,
Shall rise divinely free;
Then will I serve with what Thou hast,
And gird myself with Thee.
ANNA L. WARING

Grateful that after a year you are still making jokes.
Still praying,
cyndi

Jonsey said...

Just wanted to let you guys know I am still reading and still praying. Give Ms. Linda a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

still praying daily here. We lift you up often at home at church and with praying friends elsewhere.

Blessings,
David E

jinglchelle said...

missing you guys and praying for you!

love you all so much!

--michelle efird

Marshall Benbow said...

Please tell Autumn and Brian I said hello; praying for you all