Friday, February 1, 2008

Some Really Good News - And an On-going Concern

We got the results from Linda's blood work earlier this week. There are quite a few reasons to rejoice! Her immune system has recovered quite nicely - this should alleviate the concern of Listeria returning, but not being a doctor, I do not know for sure. Her liver is improving, and her kidneys and pancreas are perfect, in the words of the lab tech that called. We are SO grateful!

There is one on-going concern, though. Linda's lipids continue to be outrageously high. Her cholesterol is over 800, and her triglycerides are an incomprehensible 3,000 plus, a cause for concern, indeed! So, let's pray that her lipids will be brought under control. Also, pray that her blood sugar, which continues to run high, will stabalize.

We were recently sent these verses from Psalm 73:

25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for great news! We are praying daily for all of you as are so many here in Roanoke Rapids. Whenever I go anywhere usually someone will stop me and ask about Linda. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers here and many people care.
Love,
Ann