Friday, February 16, 2007

medical update and more

Well, the last time I wrote, I told you that Linda and I want this to be more about Him and less about us, in the same spirit of John the Baptist (John 3:30). I know, however, that many of you are interested in how things are going. THANK YOU for your love and concern!

We are about to leave for our second round of radiation. Linda requests that you pray specifically at 1:30 every weekday afternoon for the following things: 1) pray for the team working with her, 2) pray that she will not have itches and twitches, tears and coughs, as she must lie perfectly still for 5-10 minutes; 3) pray that she will not be claustrophobic with the tightly confining mask she must wear that holds her head in position; 4) pray that God will zap EVERY bad cell in her brain; 5) pray that she will remember Colossians 1:9-11 (her “radiation” memory verses) as she meditates on what is really important.

Linda has had a good week. We are realistic about this disease, and we are also VERY hopeful. Our doctor in Sanford – Dr. Robert Patterson – is, as I have told you before, one of many angels of mercy (don’t forget, in Scripture angels always take the male form) who is ministering to us. His optimistic spirit and recollection of his brother’s success (who may or may not have had GBM – he told me the first time that his brother’s biopsy was sent to four labs with different conclusions, but the recollection of his report was lost in a flood of information when I wrote the first letter) hearten us. We absolutely are not losing sight of eternity, as you will hear in the message Sunday morning if you are at church, but we are enjoying every minute and praying for 50 more years worth of blessings here!

Well, I had to step away to help Linda, and I will not even proof this note (a little help, please David!) because we are walking out the door, but I will write more to tell you how so many of you have been Jesus to us. We love you so much!

Brad

3 comments:

Ron & Debbie Stafford said...

Dear Brad and Linda:

I find it difficult to come up with the right words. The only right words come from the Scriptures. You both are such an inspiration to Debbie and I, and I wish I were there. But the Lord has me here and I am praying. Thanks for some specific ways to be praying this afternoon. I love you both so much.
Ron

Anonymous said...

You both are Godly examples for all of us. Thanks for showing us how to pray specifically for Linda. God is using all of this to grow each of us in Him.

Terry Dickens

Kelly said...

Dear Brad and Linda,
I heard from Rick about Linda's illness and my heart just broke. Though I have not seen you all for several years, thoughts of your close knit family remain in my mind and heart. I have another friend who is traveling the same road as you are and she has been such an inspiration to myself and so many others. I can see by reading what you both have written that God is using you in the same way. I want you to know that John and I are praying for you and that we love you all too! I am so thankful that Jesus is leading the way!