Wednesday, May 7, 2008

These Days

It has been just over two months since Linda went to be with the Lord. I am so grateful to be able to say that. I often do not think first about where she is - just that she is gone. These days are busy days - extremely busy days. I am back at work full-time and then some. It is not only a great privilege and blessing to be participating in kingdom service with my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, but it is a distraction from the pain of living alone now that my true companion is gone.

God's grace is ever present. When we consider God's grace, our tendency is to think of comfort and peace. In fact, I am certain His grace is the greatest when we feel as though we are barely hanging on. We speak of the need for grace to endure a difficult time, but somehow we have an expectation that all pain and sorrow will instantly be eliminated and smiles will slowly creep onto one's face. In the case of bereavement, time will certainly heal the deep wounds that once threatened one's well being and laughter will undoubtedly ring again (both a result of God's grace), but in the hours after the loss of someone so precious, God's grace may be very much on the scene, yet, indiscernible, in the darkest of places. We may feel utterly alone, yet His grace is sustaining us, even so. When we look back, we may wonder how we ever made it.

Thank You, Father, for walking with me even when I am unaware of Your presence. You are better to me than I could ever expect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Without His grace, I would hate to think where I would be today. Very well put!
Vickie