Monday, May 26, 2008

Memories on Memorial Day

No, Linda was not in the service of our country - but, she was definitely in the service of our Lord. Linda Faile Talley was a true kingdom warrior. She was a servant like few I have ever known. She grew up in a pastor's home, so she knew what she was getting into when she married me. But, Linda saw our family as the real deal as far as kingdom service goes. The fact that we were at TVR and Grace Community Church only meant that those were the avenues - the venues - in which we served the Lord. I miss her today, deeply. I wanted to honor her memory, and I thank you for remembering with me. She was one of God's greatest, ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! She was certainly an inspiration to me and truly served others with an infectious smile!
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these words reminding us of Linda's beautiful life and her amazing legacy. She is an inspiration to us all to continue to press on toward the goal.

Anonymous said...

"She was one of God's greatest!"

Brad,

Wow, what a powerful TRUTH. She was and still is. I know you miss her and so do a lot of other people. Please know that Jack and I continually pray for you.
Love,
Eva

Anonymous said...

Brad, our church had a slideshow of church members that died as well as close relatives of members that died this year. We honored Linda at our Memorial Day service as well. Many people in our church came to know and love her through the testimony that they heard in David's sermons. It was a difficult thing for us to see her beautiful face on the screen, but we felt so honored to have been so close to her. We miss her so much.
David and Mary Beth