Sunday, December 9, 2007

Awake! Sort of . . .

Linda woke up today - several times, but for very short intervals. Late this afternoon, Linda's sister, Terri, was touching her and speaking softly to her while Linda slept. Linda opened her eyes and said, "I was dreaming about you!" She recognized everyone who spoke to her and held out her right hand to several of us. She hugged her father good-bye. What a great day! She was smiling, not agitated at all when she interacted with us. We could not understand everything she said, but it was clear that she had a pretty good sense of what was going on.

I am here alone with Linda, now. She is still opening her eyes, but she appears a little more confused. A nurse came in and it startled her. She did not seem to understand where she was and what was going on. I imagine with all the Morphine she has received in addition to the infection, she will be disoriented off and on for a bit.

The doctors had told us we really need to see some improvement by tomorrow. Improvement appears to have begun, though there are still very many issues for her to overcome even if the infection is eliminated. Please pray for a restful night and an alert tomorrow! There are many who love her that would love to share their love to an awake and alert Linda.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Joy - a friend of Marvin and Virginia's at PVS in Silver Creek. I'm reading your comments because I just got an emergency request to pray and so I came to your blog to get the latest. Thank you for keeping us informed. I know it is hard to keep writing, but it means so much that you have let us in on your ordeal. And yes, I am praying for Linda and for you and your family. I love you in spite of never having met you because of loving Marvin and Virginia. No matter what happens, I pray that God will lift you up, give you strength and energy to endure, and surround you with His amazing love. Your thankfulness is wonderful and a fitting praise to our God. My eyes are full of tears for you and your precious family. I am praying for a miracle. May God bless you greatly. Joy B.

Anonymous said...

Brad,
Please know that we are praying at school as well as our personal prayers for your family. Please tell Michael that he is in my thoughts constantly and I may try to get by the hospital just for a hug.Our hearts hurt for you.
Becki Buffaloe

Ken Doss said...

Brad,
Just to let you know, we are continuing to pray for Linda.
Praising the Lord for your great hope in Him!

Ken Doss