Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's A Girl!

Autumn and Brian will be bringing home a girl in July, Lord willing! There was a slight concern about problems with the baby last week, but those concerns are past - everything looks good and it is a girl for sure! Autumn is beginning to feel the baby move, and a quite active baby she is. That, of course, is right in line with her mother. Autumn was extremely active in the womb. We are all excited for the Staffords.

On another note, my three and a half year old grandson, Judge Price, went to his first day of pre-school yesterday - and took swimming lessons! A spot opened up in the class and Liz and Ben decided to let Judge give it a shot. He loved his first day! I was able to see Laurel, Judge, and Willow last week. What a great time! I learned, when Laurel first arrived a little over six years ago, how true the saying is that I used to hear from Jimmy Johnson, a minister in these parts - "The Bible calls God a Father, not a Grandfather. If He were a Grandfather, He would be too good!" Oh, the joys . . .

Speaking of seeing my grandchildren last week, of course I saw their parents (Ben and Liz) and I also spent time with Michael and Laura. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have the children and in-laws (really, it feels like six children) with which God has blessed me. While I was in the mountains, Michael's condition was confirmed as Crohn's, which we knew anyway, but he was also told that it had not spread. Thank You, Lord! He is feeling better and has a first rate caregiver, also (Laura is awesome in the way she helps him!).

I had better stop. I guess most people who muse in the blogging world don't talk about grandchildren - thank you for indulging me!

No comments: