Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm Moving!

I will be moving this month, from Buies Creek to Fuquay-Varina. Before I go any further, let me say that I WILL NOT be seeking a change in ministry! Grace Community Church is my family, and as long as they will have me, I will be there! I know it is wise to "never say never," but I have absolutely no intention of leaving Grace Community Church before I retire.

That said, please allow me to address this move. I am not changing my address because of an emotional reaction to the loss of my lovely wife. Linda and I had talked for years about moving to Fuquay-Varina. Our church has a number of families that live in Fuquay. My father, who is struggling with dementia, and his wonderful wife live in Fuquay - it will be good to be closer at hand. I will also be closer to Brian and Autumn (my son-in-law and daughter) who live in Raleigh. When all the children and grandchildren come to visit, the new home will accommodate the family much better than the current one. God allowed me to sell my house in Buies Creek and I am set to close on the Fuquay house on August 15 - at an extremely good price, I might add. Please pray that no snags will arise because if the loan falls through, I will have to come live with YOU (and that would be quite a commute if you live in Michigan)! Family and good friends are already gearing up to help me design and decorate the home, making it ministry ready and friendly.

I am continually amazed that so many of you continue to check this site. Perhaps I will be able to be a more consistent blogger when I settle into my new home. The energy that has been required for this move (that is being accomplished in record time) and for numerous church activities and issues has allowed (forced?) me to be less focused on grief that at any time this year. I anticipate more times of extended sadness, but God has allowed me a bit of a respite from overarching (and at times, overwhelming) sorrow. Thank you for continuing to pray!

Even though it will take almost a month to get settled - during one of the busiest times of the year our church experiences - I will do my best to update the blog as the Lord gives me insight to share. God bless you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you posted! I was getting concerned about you! I am so impressed with the way you are getting on with it. God bless you and give you much happiness in your hew home!

hot cross buns said...

The Crosses are glad you are coming to the F-V!

Jonsey said...

I am very happy about this. :) I am coming in town in the next few weeks. Can I help? Do something? :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted... I had missed your updates! Great news to hear that you will be moving closer to your father and daughter. I will be praying that things will go smoothly in the closing and moving to your new house.
Vickie

Card Counting Books said...

I very much would like to talk to you.