Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Exciting News, Indeed!

Well, we finally got word today about the fluid that was drawn from Linda's tumor on Friday. No cancerous cells were found - none! Now, before you get too excited, let me attempt to explain what that means. In fact, I asked that question of the PA who called me with the news. She said that it means that the tumor is probably not growing. While we tend to think more is happening than that the tumor is simply remaining as is, we'll take that news! Praise the Lord! For those of you who have already heard, thank you for rejoicing with us!

I am writing this late Tuesday night. Tomorrow afternoon, Linda will have another MRI. Dr. Friedman at Duke has said that a post-radiation MRI must be done (you may recall that the last MRI was done close to the end of radiation, but she has not had one since radiation has been completed) before they will make a decision on whether or not Linda will be eligible for experimental treatments. This MRI has been moved up from May 8 to expedite the process. Please pray for wisdom - if the MRI were to reveal that the tumor is actually dying (that would be a miracle, indeed!), then it will be a tough decision to pursue experimental treatment. Perhaps I am getting the cart in front of the horse! We are so grateful for your prayers - and so many have told us specifically how they are praying. You cannot imagine how that encourages us.

I will try to keep you updated as best as possible. Thank you for walking so faithfully on this journey with us.

3 comments:

David said...

Today, I am celebrating more than just my "brief" 41 years on this planet...I'm celebrating your life too sis! This is definitely my best birthday present ever! I love you Linda!
Continued blessings,
David

Anonymous said...

Just incredible! I am amazed at God's power and answers to our prayers. Lets keep praying!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord - and it is not putting the cart before the horse - it is your faith in the Almighty Master Physician! Thank you for keeping us updated - we are continuing to thank God for His blessings for Linda and your family! We love you!