Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cough is Back

We have a special prayer request. Linda's cough is back this morning. I heard one cough yesterday that I did not like the sound of, but since she did not cough further I forgot about it. This morning, after I awoke but before she did, I heard a deep, wet cough. Once Linda got up, she said that she had coughed through the night (I did not hear her) and that her neck and throat hurt.

I am sure you can understand why this calls for urgent prayer. The day we left the hospital, one of the doctors told me that the tumor is not the major concern (although I continue to think that the tumor is very much affecting Linda, as do some of the other doctors), but rather, infection is her biggest enemy. We see the Infectious Diseases' doctor tomorrow and he is the right one to see for this concern. His resources are limited. God's resources and ability are unlimited. Would you please ask Him to eradicate this congestion/infection in Linda's lungs?

This morning, Linda and I enjoyed listening to devotions from a CD given to us at Christmas taken from Randy Alcorn's book titled, Heaven. If you have read Alcorn's book, you know that when you read it you begin to long for heaven! Indeed, we do! I am just not ready for Linda to go anytime soon, so please pray! Hey, as I have said from the beginning, none of us has the promise of one more breath, much less another day - but her situation is critical, and we want you joining with us. There is a possibility that I am a bit overly concerned about this cough, but we will appreciate the prayer anyway!

I have never asked this before, but would you please let Linda know you are praying? You could either respond to this post (you can just say, "Praying" - please sign your name), or if you have a particular message for her (please keep it somewhat brief), you can send it to my e-mail address: btalley5@embarqmail.com God bless you!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying.
Ray Arnold

Anonymous said...

Lord all that I long for is known to you, my sighing is no secret from you... I put my trust in Yahweh, and leave you to answer me, Lord my God. Psalm 38:9,15
With lots of love and prayers continually,
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Praying.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Kelley, Peter, and I are praying.

- Bert

Anonymous said...

Praying.
Lisa and Zoe

Anonymous said...

Linda, I am praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Praying
Marc C

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you guys! We love you both,
Kim, Josh and Mackenzie Norris

Anonymous said...

Praying specifically and continually. Love you both lots! Marlene and Jim

Anonymous said...

Praying for Linda and you. Therese Metz (Tim's Mom in Chicago)

Anonymous said...

We pray for you every day with John Brian.

Brian and Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

We are praying that the Good Shepherd will wrap you both in His peace, and that Linda's cough will disappear.
We love y'all.

Jessie, Rhett and Locke

Anonymous said...

Praying!

D.Kaylor

Shannon said...

Praying for you and your family.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Linda,

We love you and are praying for you.

Terri & Mike Shrieves

Anonymous said...

I try to read your blog daily so I can know how to direct my prayers. Thank you for sharing your hearts. Linda, know that I pray for you every time the Lord brings your name to my mind which is often.
Claudia Dickens

Anonymous said...

We love you, Mom. We're praying! Hope you have a great night.
See you soon!
Liz, Ben and the kids

Anonymous said...

Praying.
Scott

Anonymous said...

Praying.

Kay
WS,NC

Anonymous said...

Praying....
Mark and Leigh Ann

Mip said...

Praying praying!! And so is my grandmother, and my parents, and also their home fellowship here in Raleigh.

Much love,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

We are praying.
Stephen and Tracie Renfrow

Anonymous said...

We love you guys. You are continually in our prayers.

Josh and Courtney Trahan

Jonsey said...

Ms. Linda, I love you very much and contniually pray for God's intercession and for His grace to be poured out on you as well! I love you very much and trust the Lord with His precious sheep!

Continually petitioning for you,
Kat :)

Anonymous said...

Praying EVERY DAY! Love you all. The Ray Family

Anonymous said...

I'm late in responding . . . but always know that your name is on the lips of my children EVERY night, as well as on mine and my husband's. You are loved and prayed for and such a blessing to us all. Linda, you can not know what an influence you have been in my life. An inspiration. I love you. Dearly and always.

Anonymous said...

Just checked the blog today and I wanted to let you know I am praying for Linda every morning during my prayer time and during the day also. In Christ, Joy Battles