Saturday, July 7, 2007

Renewed Call for Prayer

No news is good news, it seems. We told you last week that Linda had an MRI. I called the neurosurgeon's office before the MRI on Friday and asked for a report once they had seen the pictures. No call came Friday afternoon. When no call had come as of Monday afternoon, I called them. I was told that the doctor had "signed off" on the report, which meant that he did not see anything of concern. I responded that I would like to hear from him and was told that if there were any concern at all the doctor would have called. I started to demand that the doctor call, but there are spiritual/ministry reasons as well as personality (timidity, to be exact) reasons that I did not do so. I left them with the understanding that if we did not hear from them, it would mean that the tumor is stable. It must be so. Presumably. Probably.

Linda's PT/INR blood levels (coagulation factor) had stabilized, but the numbers are high, again, meaning that bleeding is a concern. Please pray about that.

We go to Duke on Wednesday. Since we have heard some remarkable stories of people who have been a part of the experimental program there, we are rather excited. Even as we go, we are aware that there is no proven treatment on record that will end this tumor. Quality and length of life have been improved considerably, however. If that is the case, it gives time for the research to go on for a cure. We are aware that the Coumadin that Linda has to take because of the clot in her leg will eliminate some of the options for treatment.

Would you join us in a renewed effort of prayer for Linda's healing? It seems a bit strange to pray for God to remove the tumor in one breath, then for the medicine to do its work in the next breath. Let's not worry about any of that and just pray! Though it could go without saying, we feel it is important to acknowledge that we are in God's hands and His decision is best, but since we have been invited to pray (believing) for a miracle, we are going to do so. Would you join us? And, would you also pray for little Cali Moody, the one year old in our church who just had a brain tumor removed last week but is still in a coma, and for Elyse Fenerty, a young mother of five children (also in our church) who has a brain tumor on her brain stem that is stable, but needs to go away?

Thank you so very much! God bless you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and I am praying the blood clot will go away. I cannot imagine what you are going through and I find it hard to come up with the right words to say. But know that I am diligently praying and it does help to hear the updates.
Sincerely,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Brad,
The words you said about - "leaving it all in God's hands" - is so true. You can drive yourself crazy - thinking well God's plan is this, or God wants us to pray this way, ..... I get to that point in so many situations in my everyday life and then finally I say to God - you know the future, you know your plan, I am leaving it all up to you. We are all a continous "work" in His hands. I know that God is with Linda and your family, we have seen evidence of this. I am praying and fasting for the other families in your church, also. God is our Master Physician and I will continue to believe in the healing of all three. Thanks for keeping us updated. With love,
Eva

Anonymous said...

Brad, thank you for the update. Be assured we are in prayer and petitioning our great God!

Justine said...

hey brad. i work at duke this summer so please let me know if you have any requests or things i can do for you and linda while you're there. i work right at duke south near the main section of the hosptial. you are in my prayers and i know that God is wonderful because of the way you have shown it through this experience.