Friday, May 18, 2007

A New Development - And A New Plan

First, the new plan. It is my intention to update the blog much more often than in the past month or so. Rebecca Brisson, our secretary at Grace Community Church, receives calls every day asking about Linda. I hope that updating this blog more often will ease her load a bit. The fact that she has to answer questions about Linda every day leads us to say THANK YOU for your love and concern. It also leads me to another reason I plan to write more.

To this point, Linda and I have wanted the blog to focus on God as much as possible, trying hard not to allow it to become a self-absorbed cathartic diary entry. Thus, writing has been quite time consumming. Now, I feel better about keeping you more up to date with the latest medical information about Linda. Why?

For starters, almost every day someone tells me, "Our family is praying for Linda every day!" Can you imagine what that means to us? It is humbling and encouraging all at once! From the earliest days of this challenge, it has heartened us that God has led so many people to pray so much for Linda. I understand so many people praying for her in February (the first month after diagnosis), but I am not sure I understand that in May!

So, please check the blog for updates before calling the office - not that Becky minds talking about Linda, but this will be the best source of information. We will do our best to overcome the tendancy to always talk about biblical principles (which delays publishing because of the work involved) so that we can get more information to those who want to pray specifically about Linda's needs. We have quite a request tonight because of the new development.

Linda had two doctors' appointments today - oncologist and radiologist. We have been concerned about the swelling in her left leg, which has increased quite a bit in the last two days. Dr. Moore ordered an ultra sound, even though swelling was the only symptom. The ultra sound revealed a blood clot - a deep venous thrombosis. It is an extensive clot, but can be treated at home with anticoagulants.

I am sad. I am sad for Linda. She is doing OK, but it is just difficult news. This diagnosis did not take God by surprise any more than the CT scan revealing the tumor did. We are not disappointed with God, we are not dangerously discouraged - but our whole family is just sad that she has to go through this. Of course we will find God more than sufficient, but we are just a bit numb tonight. We will be more than OK, because God is faithful (Psalm 136), kind and loving. We have given thanks for the many ways God directed and cared for us today! No matter what, we love Him and trust Him.

We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update as I know your time is precious. I check the blog at least once a day to hear from you and to pray specifically as I hear your needs. I do pray daily for you and Linda and in turn I keep other people informaed that are praying for you (extended family, friends) Prayer is the one of most powerful tools we have as believers to connect to our Father. My heart goes out to you, Linda, and your family. I will continue to lift you up and know our Father will answer. Tell Linda that her NCSU ESL professors ask about her often and yes I finally finished!
Vickie